Thursday, May 19, 2011

And it begins...

I went back and forth about this whole blogging idea, but like most things I end up doing...to everything there is a purpose. What is this blog's purpose? A definitive answer to that question remains to be found, but if this blog is at all a reflection of my personality or approach to life, then there will never be a definitive answer. Everything I do emerges from an intense desire to create, hence the name of the blog. Creativity, however, is a very broad concept. In most circles (at least the ones I've encountered) the term creativity references an artistic medium. I'm creative if I'm a musician. I'm creative if I'm a visual artist. I'm creative if I'm a dancer. I'm creative if I'm a poet. In reality, creativity is much broader than these categories acknowledge.  The formation and development of ideas, the presentation of individuality, the ability to navigate through life all require creativity of some sort. In the simplest terms I can muster, this blog is about the various dimensions of creativity, those we acknowledge and those that are sometimes ignored. Because I am neither all-powerful or all-seeing, my life (in other words, my ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc...) will be the mirror through which I reflect on this larger concept. While music is my passion, my heart, my soul...much like "creativity", my interests are multi-dimensional and this blog will be a reflection of that fact.

Now, one thing you should know about me is that I LOVE MUSIC (I don't know if you picked up on that yet) my favorite musician/singer/songwriter/artist, etc...is the GREAT Mr. Stevie Wonder. There is no one like him and there will never be anyone who can fill his shoes. Don't believe me? Let me leave you with just a taste of what this man can do. This footage is from his 2008 Live At Last Concert. He's been performing for YEARS and STILL KILLS!: 

No comments:

Post a Comment